Sigh. So this next recipe is my attempt at being less sugary and more protein-y in the morning. ;)
We love to throw this one together when we need a quick breakfast. It's a great way to use leftover baked potatoes. (If you don't have leftover baked potatoes and you're in a super hurry, and you use microwaves, you could simply microwave some to use that morning. Just remember potatoes cook quick (unlike my old college roommate who nuked a potato once for 15 minutes. It was a shriveled up mess. Poor girl. Hopefully she's mastered the microwave by now...) K, where was I? Oh ya, hearty protein breakfast burritos!!
Audrey loves her burrito served with ketchup while my husband is more of a hot sauce man. I'm a salsa girl so whatever your pleasure...enjoy!
- 2 medium baked potatoes (chilled)
- 4 oz gluten free sausage
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste (optional)
- corn tortillas (heated)
- Remove the skins and dice your baked potatoes into about 1 cm cubes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown your sausage. When most of the sausage has turned brown, add in the potato cubes. Stir-fry together until the potatoes are heated.
- Move the potatoes and sausage to the side of the pan and crack in the 2 eggs into the pan. Scramble the eggs until almost cooked. Add the eggs to the potato and sausage and serve the mixture warm with the corn tortillas. Goes great with salsa, ketchup, hot sauce, avocado, cheese, etc.