Word to the wise, if you have a large family, double the recipe. They disappear fast! If you want to make them Dairy Free, simply leave off the cheese!
Ham, Hasbrown & Egg Breakfast Cups
Created by jalene but inspired from recipes off Pinterest
Makes 7 Breakfast Cups
- olive oil for greasing the muffin tins
- 7 slices of Nitrate Free Ham (I used Hormel)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 2 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns
- Cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 7 muffin tins with oil. Line each muffin tin with 1 slice of ham. (Make sure there are no holes in your sliced ham or else your breakfast cups will leak!)
- In a medium size bowl beat your eggs slightly and then combine in your spices: onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chives. Then add in the hashbrowns and stir well to combine.
- Divide the hashbrown mixture evenly among the 7 ham-lined tins. Bake for 30 minutes. (If using cheese, pull out the breakfast cups 5 minutes before they are finished baking and top with cheese. Return to the oven for the remaining 5 minutes.) Remove from the pan and serve warm! Enjoy!