Word to the wise, if you have a large family, you may want to make a couple of batches of this! Audrey (my two year old) and I ate an entire one by ourselves! My poor husband had only the pictures to lick when he came home for lunch. ;) Sorry honey.
Just like when making the gluten-infested version of this delicate pancake, there's important steps to follow for success when you bake the gluten-free one. Be sure to read all the directions BEFORE beginning.
Gluten Free German Pancake
Adapted by jalene from castsugar.blogspot.com
Makes 6-8 slices
- Get all of your ingredients out and allow them to come to room temperature. (If you have a Blendtec you can skip this step.)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Two minutes before baking, place your butter into a 9" pie pan and place it into the oven to melt.
- In a Blender combine all the remaining ingredients. If your ingredients are not at room temperature and you have a Blendtec, use the "soup" setting and blend the ingredients together for 1 minute.
- Immediately remove the pie pan with the melted butter from the oven and pour in the batter. Quickly return the pan to the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes or until the pancake is poofy and golden brown.