But um...2 boxes is A LOT of peaches, ha ha! Needless to say I've been drying them, making them into jam, eating them, and sneaking them into all sorts of recipes. Even my baby is enjoying them in her Peaches & Quinoa Breakfast (a recipe which I'll post soon ps.)
This next recipe is a great breakfast muffin. The yogurt provides a moist and delicious flavor and the peaches provide all the rest. ;) I think you'll love them! They are gluten free but can also be dairy free by simply subbing 2 of the ingredients. The batter also makes a great sweet bread.
Created by jalene
- 1 cup yogurt (I used Vanilla Coconut Yogurt to make it DF)
- 6 Tbsp butter (use Earth Balance for DF)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large peach, skinned, pitted, and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 & 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- extra brown sugar to sprinkle on top before baking (optional)
- Remove the yogurt, butter, and eggs from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature. Prepare your peach and place it in a bowl with the almond extract. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and line your muffin pan with liners.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter and brown sugar. Add in the eggs and yogurt. Then add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the peaches and almond extract.
- Pour the batter into your prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (The top should spring back when you lightly touch it.)