Mexican Rice is a recipe that has eluded me for almost a year now. Almost every single time we have tacos, I've tried a different Mexican Rice recipe. But we NEVER have been satisfied! They were always okay tasting but nothing to write home (or on a blog) about.
Until now my dear friends!
It seriously was almost magical tasting this rice for the first time. It tasted like victory (with a little Mexican kick). I think you're going to LOVE it. My family sure did!
Spanish Mexican Rice
Adapted by jalene from a recipe off allrecipes.com
- 2 Tbsp butter (use olive oil to make Dairy Free)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup long white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilis (with juices)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt your butter and add the onion, garlic, and rice. Saute until the onions are tender and the rice is turning brown.
- Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes & green chilis, chili powder, salt, and cumin and stir. Bring to a bowl then cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes or the liquid is gone.