I do have a great Gluten Free Ranch Dry Mix that I LOVE to use but it's made with buttermilk so poor Audrey can never try it. I wanted to come up with a CLEAN ranch. One everyone could eat. Thankfully Food.com led me to an answer!
My family is so pleased with this Ranch Dressing, we're already on our 2nd batch of it! Don't worry, I put it on everything... salads, chicken strips, baked potatoes, baked french fries, and don't even get me started on all the recipes this allows me to create now! I'm excited for all the possibilities!
Hope you're family loves it as much as we do! Happy Ranching.
Adapted by jalene from a recipe by Food.com
Yields about 1 & 1/2 cups
- 1 & 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 6 Tbsp plain rice or almond milk (use 3 for thick ranch and 6 for thin)
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise (You can also use regular Mayonnaise instead)
(I mix my ranch up in the same jar I store it in. It makes clean up next to nothing! Be sure to find a jar with a lid that holds at least 1 & 1/2 cups.)
- In your jar, combine the lemon juice (or apple cider) to the milk and allow to rest. (You're creating a mock buttermilk.)
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices: chives, parsley, dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Add them to the milk mixture. Plop in the mayo, cover, and shake up to combine. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes so the flavors can blend. Note: The ranch will very slightly thicken so if it's too thick simple "water" it down with milk 1 tsp at a time. Keep leftovers covered in the fridge.