Heart Healthy Honey Granola
Adapted by jalene
- 2 cups gluten-free raw oats
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp flaxseed, 2 tsp sunflower seeds, 2 tsp sesame seeds, 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut, 4 Tbsp raw cashews = 1/2 cup (or choose your own adventure, see note)
- Preheat oven to 300 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium size bowl until well coated (mixture will be sticky). Spoon and spread out onto the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes then stir. Bake for additional 15 minutes or until mixture is golden brown. Check often to prevent burning.
- After you remove from the oven, allow the granola to cool. This allows it to harden and become clumpy like store-bought granola.