Cherry Tomatoes Pasta
Adapted by jalene & her husband Dr. Nielsen from a recipe out of the May 2003 Canadian Living Magazine
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. (Cut the large ones into 3rds.) Set aside in a large bowl.
- Cut the garlic in half, cut the large cloves into 3rds as well. Add to the tomatoes.
- Add the oil, parsley, basil, salt, red pepper and toss well. Pour into a 9x13 baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until your tomatoes are shriveled and the garlic is tender.
from this point you can either...
Notes from jalene:
- Does 16 cloves of garlic seem extreme? Don't worry, it's not. Well, maybe it is, ha ha, but you don't notice it. Actually, when garlic is roasted it becomes mellow. Keeping it in larger pieces rather than mincing it also helps.
- I have not tried this yet with other kinds of tomatoes but you could try roma tomatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch rings and then use the same method as above.
If you can't find the Tinkyada brand at your local health food store you can always order it off AMAZON. The link to the right is for
6 packages of 16 oz spiral pastas.