Created by Jalene Nielsen
- 8 oz Gluten-Free Pasta (uncooked)
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces (skinny asparagus works best)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 oz or 4 slices of Hormel All Natural Sliced Ham or Bacon, cooked and diced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. When heated, place nuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Cook 3 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Be careful! These can burn fast.
- Cook the ham with a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan until fragrant and lightly brown. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir with whisk and set aside.
- Cook the GF pasta according to directions on package. Add cut asparagus to boiling water during the last 3 minutes of cooking the pasta. Drain pasta and asparagus.
- Add minced garlic, cooked ham, toasted pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes (optional), and lemon juice mixture. Toss well.
You can exchange the meat in the recipe for chicken if you would prefer. Just cut into 1 inch strips and cooked before adding.