Good thing I'm getting creative on how to use my zucchinis! I even created a new recipe category to the right so you could have easy access to them!
If you know me - you know I love a good pancake - and if you know my pancakes - you know I love to create all sorts of combinations! You might think it strange to put zucchini in your pancakes but this combination works AND it tastes great! Enjoy!
Created by jalene
- 1 & 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar or evaporated cane juice sugar (OR to make this sugar free use 1/2 Tbsp Xylitol)
- 1 cup grated zucchini (finely packed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Preheat a pan over medium heat.
- In a high speed blender, grind your oats into flour. Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the blender: cinnamon (if using), nutmeg, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Pulse to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the blender: zucchini, water, egg, and the oil. Blend until just combined. Scrape sides if necessary.
- Pour the batter onto the preheated pan. (I made my pancakes about 3-4 inches large.) Brown on each side.
Tips from jalene:
- Got a lot of zucchini?! I usually thoroughly wash them, cut the ends off, cut out the seeds, and process them through my fine grater. Then I seal them up in freezer bags in portions of 1 cup and either put them in the fridge (if I'll be using them in the next couple of days) or in the freezer for long term storage. Note: When using pre-frozen zucchini in your recipes, often times it will work the same if being ground in. If not, you may need to add more gf flour accordingly.