Adapted by jalene
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrot
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Worcestershire sauce
- 5 drops Tobassco Sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Gluten-Free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp water
- In a small saucepan, bring to boil the 1/2 cup water and quinoa. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer at lowest setting until quinoa is tender and water is gone. (About 15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a skillet over medium temp, heat the oil and onion until near translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- In a large bowl, stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, garlic, carrot, tomato paste, Tobassco sauce, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Shape into a loaf pan and smooth top.
- Combine the honey, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce and 1 tsp water and pour over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Inside temp should be at least 160 F.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.