I invented this next version out of necessity. We wanted to have lentil tacos but we needed them quick! I didn't have time to chop the onion, etc. This recipe is SO easy. All you do is saute the lentils for a minute with taco seasoning, add the liquids, and cover and simmer for 20 minutes. EASY! It also serves as a great dip! (see below)
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Sugar-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, Can be Vegan)
Created by jalene
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cups red lentils, rinsed and picked through to remove bad ones
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning (use my seasoning to be GF, DF, SF)
- 1 & 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth (or Vegan beef broth to make it vegetarian)
- In a large pan, saute the oil, red lentils, and taco seasoning for 1 minute.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Uncover and cook off any extra liquid if any. If the lentils are too dry simple add more water.