I've been playing around with a lot of doughnut recipes lately and this one is definitely one of my favorites. It's not very sweet-it kind of reminds me of the cake-style that come plain, powdered or with cinnamon and sugar. It's not yet Dairy-Free but I'm working on it! DF recipe to come soon.
PS- Is it Donut or Doughnut? BOTH. "Dunkin' Donuts" and "Krispie Kreme Doughnuts" Funny.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (you can also use olive oil)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp oat flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (evaporated cane sugar works too)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F (If you don't have a donut pan you can also fry these in coconut oil. It's just hard to get the shape unless you have a donut dispensing thingy.)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together-set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together and combine with dry until just blended.
- Scoop into the donut pan and bake for 7-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before adding powdered sugar or cinnamon-sugar mixture. (Helpful hint: Stick the donut in a plastic bag with the topping and shake it around. The donuts are so moist they absorb the topping after a while so top just before serving.)