Gluten Free Enchilada Casserole
Created by jalene
Makes 6-12 servings
- 1 "can" of gluten free cream of chicken soup (I used my recipe)
- 1 can (10 oz) gluten free enchilada sauce (I used Casa Fiesta's Mild, just be sure to look for one without red food dye!)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 raw chicken breasts (about 1 lb), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 + 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 can (4 oz) green chilies
- 1 can (or 1 & 1/2 cup black beans), rinsed & drained
- 1 cup frozen corn (we used organic)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender combine the cream of chicken, enchilada sauce, and the water until smooth. (Makes about 3 & 1/2 cups). Set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan add the onion, garlic, chicken, rice, 1 cup cheddar cheese, green chilies, black beans, corn, and salt. Pour the sauce mixture over the top and mix well. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and then cover the pan with foil.
- Bake for 55 minutes and then remove the foil. Cook for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese. You could also broil instead it to give the cheese a nice crusty flavor.