My sister-in-law's son is gluten and dairy free also so she has been picking my brain for the types of meals I feed Audrey. Since my husband and I mostly eat gluten free and dairy free, Audrey eats what we do. I simply chop it up for easier chewing.
However, there are some occasions when we do have a little dairy in our meals and on those days I need something quick and easy to throw together for Audrey. This next recipe only takes 5-7 minutes from start to finish. It's a great meal to sneak in a lot of vegetables. I categorized this meal as a "Kid Meal" to the right but you can also try this for adults. Simply leave the noodles whole. You'll be amazed how the carrot and spinach just blend right into the sauce.
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Created by jalene
- 1-2 oz Gluten Free Deboles Rice Angel Hair Pasta
- 1/2 to 1 cup Gluten Free, Dairy Free Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Frozen Organic Corn
- Handful Fresh Spinach (slightly chopped)
- 1/2 raw carrot
- Boil the Deboles Angel Hair Pasta as directed on the package.
- While the pasta is boiling peel, wash, and finely grate the carrot. Rinse the spinach as well.
- One minute before the pasta is finished cooking add the spinach to the boiling water.
- Drain the pasta and spinach and toss with enough spaghetti sauce to cover. Add the frozen corn and raw grated carrot. Stir well to combine. The corn will help cool down the spaghetti and will gently reheat in the warm dish.
- Cut the noodles into small pieces with kitchen scissors. Serve and enjoy!