...But it sure doesn't taste healthy! ;)
This is a perfect summer dish. Now all we need is a little bit of summer. Bring it on!
Adapted by jalene from a recipe on allrecipes.com
- 2/3 cup mayo (I used Organic Veganaise)
- 3 Tbsp oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- 1/4 cup sugar or evaporated cane juice sugar or 1/8 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 16 oz of assorted veggies, shredded (I used 2 carrots, 2/3 of green cabbage, 1/3 of purple cabbage, 1 celery stick, and 1 stem of a broccoli brunch) OR you can buy pre-made 16 oz. coleslaw veggie mixes
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- In a small bowl combine your mayo, oil, sugar (or honey), vinegar, salt, and onion powder.
- Place your shredded veggies into a large bowl. Pour the liquid mixture over the top and stir well. Add the poppy seeds and stir until distributed.
One of my favorite tools...
Gotta love the ol' food processor...
This coleslaw was super easy to throw together thanks to my Cuisinart food processor! I simply washed the veggies of choice and then ran them through the grater tool. Walla! The whole process took less than 5 minutes. Clean up was easy too.