Usually I'm a strawberry kind of gal but the other day I was craving some good ol' chocolate ice cream. Audrey has been asking me to add chocolate chips into everything lately but this time I finally agreed! If you don't have chocolate chips you can simply leave them out or try broken pieces of candy canes or some other gluten free add-in.
If you haven't tried coconut ice cream before you're in for a REAL TREAT! The coconut milk adds such a great creamy flavor- you'll think you're eating the real thing!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Adapted by jalene
- 1 can of coconut milk (I don't recommend using lite)
- 2 & 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder (I used organic)
- 1/3 cup sugar or evaporated cane juice sugar
- 2 Tbsp dairy free mini-chocolate chips (optional)
- In a blender mix all the ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips. Pour into your ice cream maker and process for about 25-30 minutes. Add the chocolate chips in the last 5 minutes of processing (if your ice cream maker allows it) or stir in the chocolate chips at the end. If your ice cream is softer than you like, don't worry, it will harden more as you freeze it.