And then, as time goes on, and the plants keep producing more and more and more...there's a point where you just have to start getting creative with ways to use up all that zucchini! ;) This next recipe is AMAZING. They even worked as bribery one night for my nieces to eat all of their dinner. Little did they know they were eating zucchini, oatmeal and almonds!
(Gluten-Free, Can be Dairy-Free)
Created by jalene
Makes 10-12 muffins
- 1 cup (packed) finely grated zucchini
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1/2 cup sugar or organic evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 12 muffin tins with liners. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, grind the oats until they resemble a flour.
- Add the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, and sugar. Combine well.
- Add the zucchini, egg, oil and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into liners, filling 2/3 full.
- 1/2 cup gluten free quick oats
- 1/4 cup sugar or organic evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1/4 cup raw whole almonds or slices
- 2 & 1/2 Tbsp cold butter or Earth Balance Butter Substitute
Directions for the Streusel:
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients except for the butter. Mix until it resembles coarse meal.
- Pour the coarse meal into a small bowl and cut in the cold butter and blend until crumbly.
- Use a heaping Tbsp of streusel to top the muffins.