This is a recipe inspired from one I found off MeatlessMondays.com. (It's a great website if you haven't ever visited. Especially if you are Vegan! There are a ton of recipes. Not all gluten-free mind you but you could adapt them. Or if you need help on how to adapt it, ask me!
Mexican Sloppy Joes
Created by Jalene from a recipe by Meatless Mondays
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 & 1/2 cups black beans, rinsed & drained
- 15 oz or about 1 & 3/4 cup gluten free salsa
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Gluten Free Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Gluten Free Dijon mustard (you can also use regular mustard instead)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 recipe of my Gluten Free Hamburger Buns (or you can purchase your own)
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in the beans, salsa, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cumin, and salt. Bring to a light boil and cook for 10 minutes.