Success! And it's completely Gluten and Dairy Free! :)
I love this recipe because the base is made from my new Gluten Free Cream of Celery Soup recipe (which is amazing just by itself). I've been craving a broccoli cheese soup lately but wanted a good Vegan recipe that was SOY free as well because Audrey has been reacting to Soy-based Vegan Cheese lately.
So, believe it or not, this yummy, cheesy soup DOES NOT HAVE CHEESE in it! Crazy I know. Let me introduce you to a Dairy Free Cheese Substitute that we use a lot: Nutritional Flakes. (That's the secret ingredient in the Chreese packet.)
My husband calls this a "restaurant worthy" recipe. He's so nice. I'm glad I have 1 fan. ;) Wait, 2. Audrey likes my food too. ;) Hope you LOVE it as much as we do!
Vegan Broccoli and Cheese SoupMade with my Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup
Created by jalene
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 can equivalent (10.75 oz or 1 & 1/4 cup) GF Cream of Celery Soup (or if you don't mind a little meat use Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 packet of Road's End Gluten Free Cheddar Chreese Mix
- 1/4 tsp Wright's Gluten Free Hickory Seasoning Liquid Smoke
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat add 1/2 cup of water, 1 cup broccoli, and 1/2 tsp onion powder. Cover and simmer for about 6 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and tender.
- Add the Cream of Celery Soup and 1 cup of water. Stir occasionally as it warms.
- While the Cream of Celery mixture is heating, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add the remaining 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil and then whisk in the Road's End Cheddar Chreese Mix. Stir until it thickens. Remove the chreese sauce from the heat and add to the Cream of Chicken mixture.
- Add the 1/4 tsp liquid smoke and heat the soup until nice and hot.
The secret to my SUCCESS:
Thanks to these 2 babies, my soup was a hit! Road's End Cheddar Chreese Mix is a great Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free alternative to nacho-style cheese. (If you ask me Road's End fibs a little on their picture representations but at least the taste is good!) I love their
And who can go wrong with Wright's Liquid Smoke?! It's guaranteed gluten free and a great addition to not only this soup but any meat you're cooking up!
Good deal for a pack of 12!
If you can't find it at your local grocery store apparently eBay sells it!