Maybe stir fry isn't your thing...but this recipe just might make you change your mind. I hope you all are daring enough to try new things as we are. I've been known to get a little bored in the kitchen and crave something different and exciting...
Gluten Free Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
Adapted by jalene from a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
- 3 Tbsp gluten free chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce (Thai Kitchen's is gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (use less for less of a kick)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger root, grated
- 12 oz chicken, diced
- 1 onion, sliced in squares
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced julienne-style
- 1 zucchini, sliced julienne-style
- 1/3 cup peanuts or cashews (optional)
- Combine the chicken stock, soy sauce, fish sauce, water, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper flakes to create a sauce. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook the ginger root and garlic until fragrant (about a minute).
- Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the zucchini & onions. Cook until veggies are crisp tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the chicken and stir in the sauce and veggies. Heat until thick and bubbly. Add nuts and serve over hot rice. Keep leftovers up to 3 days covered in the fridge.