(Gluten Free, Naturally Dairy Free, Can be Vegan) Adapted by jalene
- ½ head of green cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper ( chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- ¼ cup almonds (chopped & toasted, see below)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- (optional) 1/3 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey or agave (to make it Vegan)
- 2 Tbsp red onion, minced
- juice from 1 lime
- Combine dressing and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place almonds on cooking sheet. Cook until golden. Watch carefully! These can burn quickly.
- Add all ingredients together and top with dressing. Enjoy! This salad is best consumed shortly after making,although it will last a couple of days tightly covered in the fridge.
- Chopped pieces of green peppers, cucumbers, or other veggies would be also great in this salad.
- If you have a food processor, you can throw all the ingredients in for quick chopping and combining.