Be sure to see the recipe alterations for special diets.
Spaghetti Squash with Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Adapted by jalene by inspired by the Tastykitchen.com
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup gluten free chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (for dairy free use 2 Tbsp of Nutritional Flakes instead)
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and discard. Place squash cut side down on a 9x13 pan filled with 1 cm of water. Bake for 45 minutes. Allow squash to cool before scraping.
4. Add 1/4 of the chicken broth, sun-dried tomatoes, and broccoli. Saute for 5 minutes. Add the peas, chicken, and remaining 3/4 cup of chicken broth. Shake about 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into the mixture (just enough to thicken the chicken broth). If using Nutritional Flakes, the sauce may not thicken fully.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes. Serve mixture on top of spaghetti squash or combine all together. Garnish with more parmesan cheese.