Savory 15 minute Pizza Sauce
Adapted by jalene
Makes 1 & 1/2 cups or 12oz of sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 3 oz of tomato puree (or 3 Tbsp of Premier Tomato)
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 & 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 & 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sugar (I use evaporated cane juice sugar), optional
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 crushed red pepper
- Pulse (for chunky) or Puree (for non-chunky) all of the ingredients in a blender (I use my Blendtec).
- Pour the sauce into a small saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce is thick to your desired consistency. Use right away or refrigerate overnight for more enhanced flavor.