Gluten Free Corn Flour Crepes
Adapted by jalene from a recipe by Kimberly Tessmer
Makes 12 6-inch crepes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or milk alternative (I used Almond Milk)
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup (non-GMO) Corn Flour
- 2 Tbsp butter or Dairy Free Earth Balance Butter Sub., melted
- Combine the milk and fresh lime juice and set aside. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat a round 6 inch or 8 inch pan over medium heat.
- In a blender combine the eggs, milk & lime juice, and salt.
- While the blender is mixing on low add in the corn flour and then melted butter.
- When you pour the batter onto the pan, only pour enough to just cover the bottom (I usually tilt the pan around to get all the holes.) If you add too much batter your crepes will turn out thick and if they are too thin they will break easily.
- Cook until light brown on first side and then flip. Cook second side only slightly.
Guess what! These can be frozen for later use! Simply store them in a freezer bag and separate each crepe with wax paper.