...And the result is awesome!
These rolls are completely gluten AND dairy free and in fact, they only use water and oil as their base instead of a butter sub or milk sub. They bake up beautiful with a great golden crust and actually make wonderful hamburger buns too. But don't take my word for it! Try them out and let me know what you think!
Quick Gluten Free Rolls (also makes great hamburger buns)
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Created by jalene
Yields 16 rolls (1/4 cup size)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Whisk together the yeast and warm water. Add in the grapeseed oil and sugar. Cover with a towel and allow to double in size while you measure out your dry ingredients.
- In a mixer combine the brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan, and salt. When the yeast mixture is ready, add it and the eggs to the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds then turn up the speed to medium and continue mixing for 2 & 1/2 more minutes.
- Immediately scoop rolls in the size of 1/4 cup dough onto the prepared pans. (For hamburger buns, you may want to use a bigger size such as 1/3 or 1/2 cup). Using wet fingers (and continually wetting them) touch up any bumps on the rolls to make them smooth. Using an oil brush or a oil mister, coat the rolls with a titch of oil. (If using, sprinkle on the sesame seeds.)
- Allow the rolls to sit 5 minutes than bake 8-12 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
Note from jalene:
For EGG FREE ROLLS simply combine 2 Tablespoons of Flax Seed Meal with 6 Tablespoons of water and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Add this mixture in when the recipe calls for the eggs. Using Flax Seed Meal makes a great moist roll with a great texture so even if you're not allergic, it's worth a try!