Added bonus: This is another great recipe that only uses 1 kind of flour. I've been trying to keep things simple for those of you that don't have all the different kinds of gluten free flours on hand!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Adapted by jalene
Makes about 16 3-inch pancakes
- 3/4 cup milk or milk substitute (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp ground ginger OR you can use 1 & 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice instead
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your griddle over medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Set aside. In another bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Stir the dry into the wet ingredients just enough to combine. (The batter will be thick, do not dilute.)
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle. Cook on one side until the top looks dry and the bottom has browned. Then flip and cook on the other side.