I know what you're thinking, "Why go to all the trouble to cook from scratch?" Did you know the lining in most canned food items contains BPA? Avoid any that are lined in white! We cook our refried beans from scratch to avoid this and so get the freshest and cleanest ingredients available!
Remember: Healthier ingredients = A Healthier You!
Adapted by jalene from a recipe by the Maxwells
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 & 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups dry pinto beans, rinsed
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 4 cups water
- Place all of the ingredients in the Pressure Cooker. Seal the lid and cook for 40 minutes on the high pressure setting. Allow the beans to "natural release". Simmer, uncovered, while mashing and stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
Tips from jalene:
- If the beans start to look dried out, just add a titch more water and stir to refresh them.
- These can be frozen as well! Simply cool the beans and spoon them into a ziplock freezer bag.
| || |