I swear my electric pressure cooker is one of my best friends in the kitchen. I love it so much because it can do hours of cooking within minutes! This thing is like the microwave version of the crock pot (without the harmful rays of course). If you haven't ever tried one, it's well worth the purchase. Especially if you need to make meals super fast and you're like me and can't think 8-10 hours ahead to put it into the crockpot...
(Remember, I don't get paid for ANY of the opinions on my website so this is honest to true-ness how I really feel!)
Now, I know not all of you may have a pressure cooker so there's some suggestions at the bottom if you want to try this out in the crockpot. The key is to get your stew meat nice and tender so it almost melts in your mouth. Sound tasty? It is. :)
Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
Adapted by jalene from a recipe off allrecipes.com
- 1 lb cubed stew meat
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cups gluten free beef broth
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano (optional)
- 1/2 tsp majoram (optional)
- 2 & 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 & 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- In your pressure cooker add the meat, onion, broth, salt, pepper, oregano & majoram (if using). Seal the lid and cook for 25 minutes on High Pressure, with a quick release at the end. If you're using frozen stew meat you will have to increase this time or thaw your meat before.
- Add your potatoes and carrots, seal the lid and cook for 11 minutes on High Pressure, with a quick release. Remove from heat and serve.
Store any leftovers covered in the fridge or you can also FREEZE this soup in ziplock bags for later use!
Don't have a pressure cooker?