Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted by jalene
Makes almost 2 dozen
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar or organic evaporated cane sugar + more for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder (see note)
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat together the sugar and peanut butter. Add the egg, baking powder or sub, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop or make 1 inch balls. Roll in extra sugar. Place on un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 7-10 minutes. They will spread as they bake. After baked, leave on pan (if you can wait that long!) for 2-3 minutes. They will hold together better.
Note from jalene:
- If you need grain-free baking powder, you can use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot.
- Change it up! Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips (see recipe below)
No Grain Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
(We use gluten & dairy free chocolate chips so Audrey can eat them too!)
Bake for about 10 minutes. Be sure not to over bake or the cookies will be really dry and crumbly.