If you have not tried coconut ice cream before, it's amazing. The coconut milk makes it SO creamy and so the end result is a consistency very similar to a dairy-base ice cream. This recipe is very easy to throw together and then it only took about 20 minutes in the ice cream maker!
Peach Ice Cream
Created by jalene and her mom alene
Serves about 4-5 people
- 1 can coconut milk, chilled in the fridge for at least 4 hours
- 1 peach
- 3 Tbsp sugar or organic evaporated cane juice sugar
- 2 & 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- Wash and peel your peach. Dice into small pieces. In a bowl, combine the peach with the sugar and vanilla. Let sit for at least a couple of minutes so the sugar can start to dissolve.
- Remove the coconut from the fridge, open can, and combine with the peach mixture. Immediately pour into the ice cream machine and press the start button. The ice cream is ready when it no longer turns with the paddle. Ours took about 20 minutes. You can eat it right away or place it in the freezer to continue hardening.
Tips from jalene
- You can increase the sugar if it is not sweet enough for you. The sweetness of your peach will also affect it.
- You can replace the sugar with 100% pure maple syrup to be naturally sweetened.
- If you're not too fond of peaches, you can easily sub it with another fruit!