Pumpkin Pie Paleo Pound Cake
Created by jalene but inspired by my Almond Cranberry Pound Cake
Makes about 8-10 (1-inch thick) slices
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder (to be truly grain-free use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (or to make truly corn-free use guar gum)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder (or sub) and xanthan gum (or sub). Whisk to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, add your eggs and beat for 30 sec. Add the vanilla extract, water and pumpkin puree.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until uniformly moist.
- Scoop the batter into your prepared pan and smooth down the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the top is starting to brown and will slightly bounce back up with touched. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.