Adapted by jalene
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/8 cup brown rice flour
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter (softened) or coconut oil (room temperature, not liquid)
- 1/8 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 3/8 cup brown sugar (organic if available)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate chips (I get mine at Wal-Mart or the local health food store)
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, cream together coconut oil, sugar, and brown sugar until a thick paste forms, about 1 minute.
- Add egg and mix well. Add dry ingredients and vanilla, mix until a dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Drop 1 inch balls onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 3 to 5 minutes. Then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. If cookies fall apart while taking them off the cookie sheet, allow them to cool longer.
Store cookies in an airtight container, makes about 20 cookies.