Adapted by jalene
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar or organic evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (organic if available)
- 1/3 coconut oil (not melted)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (gluten-free)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/3 cup Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free chocolate chips or you could use raisins instead
- Whip the egg until slightly frothy. Add the oil and sugars and mix until creamy.
- Blend in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Combine the baking soda and oats in a separate bowl then add to wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow dough to be in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1 inch balls onto cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart. Dough will spread as it cooks.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Be sure not to over bake as they will dry out. Allow cookies to cool for 5-7 minutes on pan then transfer to a cookie sheet.
Makes about 2 dozen.
- If the cookies are falling apart while taking them off the pan, allow them to cool longer.
- While the oats used for this recipe are gluten-free, some gluten-intolerant people may not be able to handle them. Check with your doctor if you have a concern before consuming.