So whether you have a can of pumpkin left that you need to use up or you're a pumpkin lover like me, you're going to LOVE these!
Gluten Free Mini Pumpkin Muffins
Adapted by jalene from a recipe by Libby's
Makes about 60 mini-muffins
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (you can make your own by blending 1 cup of gluten free rolled oats in a Blendtec)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup brown sugar (You can make your own healthier version! Click for my recipe)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 can (15 oz) Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup gluten free granola (I used one of my recipes, my Pumpkin Pecan Granola is my favorite!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your mini-muffin pan.
- Combine the oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In your mixer, beat together the oil and sugar. Add the pumpkin and the eggs. Beat well. Gradually stir in the flour mixture. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups (filling about 2/3 to 3/4 full).
- Sprinkle each muffin top with 1/2 tsp of granola. (Press lightly into the batter).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store leftovers in sealed covered container.
Note from jalene:
Almond Oat Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup gluten free quick oats
- 1/4 cup sugar or organic evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1/4 cup raw whole almonds or slices
- 2 & 1/2 Tbsp cold butter or Earth Balance Butter Substitute
Directions for the Streusel:
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients except for the butter. Mix until it resembles coarse meal.
- Pour the coarse meal into a small bowl and cut in the cold butter and blend until crumbly.