Created by jalene
- 3 and 2/3 cups Gluten-Free Regular Oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup raw cashew pieces (or peanuts)
- 2/3 cup slivered or sliced raw almonds
- 1/8 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax seed
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup raw pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup 100% REAL maple syrup (*see note)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (Gluten-Free)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients except for cinnamon and set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread mix out evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon on top (optional).
- Bake for 15 minutes then take out of the oven to stir. Bake for another 15 minutes and stir. Continue this for about 1 hour. You will know the granola is finished when it is toasted and turning light golden brown.
- After baking, allow granola to cool. Store in an airtight container. Goes great with rice, soy or almond milk!
- You can exchange or add any kind of nut easily into this recipe such as raw peanut pieces. Raisins also can be added AFTER baking.
- It's SO important to use real maple syrup in this recipe because the alternative syrups typically have high fructose corn syrup, refined sugar, and/or food coloring. If you do not have 100% pure maple syrup you can replace it with 1/3 cup honey. This may change the flavor slightly.
- To make nut free, omit 2/3 cup almond and 1/3 cup cashews and replace with an additional 1 cup Gluten-Free Regular Oats.
Audrey loves her granola over soy or