I don't know about your family but we love a good bbq. And whenever I think of bbq's I think of condiments. And whenever I think of condiments I think of "shoot, does that have wheat in it?" So this week I'll be posting some of our favorite gluten-free condiments. Happy summer!
Created by Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
- 1 (28 oz) can organic tomato puree
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground mace
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (or less-to taste)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients except the salt and pepper and place into a medium crockpot (3-4 1/2 quarts). Cover and turn on high for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and puree in a blender until smooth.
- Return to crockpot and cook on high uncovered for 30 minutes to 1 hour more, stirring occasionally, until ketchup has reached a nice and thick consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In celebration of our condiment week, I thought I would give-a-way one of our favorites! We LOVE LOVE LOVE this sea salt. I've talked about it a couple of times before and I use it in all my recipes that call for salt. We order this from a company called Premier Research Labs. Here's why we like it:
- Also Contains Natural Trace Elements
- No Anti-Clumping Agents or Added Chemicals
- Pure Vegan
- It's PINK! Aw pretty...
Simply leave a comment on anyone of my recipes between June 4, 2012 to June 8, 2012 (Monday-Friday) and you're entered to win! This giveaway is open to US Residents with a US address, age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. If you win you have 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
Good luck everyone! And remember, if you don't win, you can purchase your own Pink Salt through my husband's clinic.