I bought a HUGE bag of plain puffed brown rice cereal for $2. You can't get better than that folks! (Unless you found it for $1.99 or something...) Overall, I think you're going to LOVE this recipe. We sure do! Watch out, it goes quick. You might have to make a couple of batches. ;)
Naturally Sweetened Puffed Cereal
Adapted by jalene from Comfybelly.com
- 6 cups puffed cereal (Puffed Brown Rice, Puffed Millet, Puffed Corn, or any other gluten free puffed grain)
- 1/3 cup honey or 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Measure your 6 cups puffed cereal and place into a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine your honey (or maple syrup), salt, and oil.
- Pour your honey mixture over your puffed cereal and stir until well coated. Dump the ingredients onto your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before placing in an airtight container to store.