This next recipe is simple, yummy, and quick to make. Plus, you can save money doing it yourself! We purchase our raw nuts in bulk from Costco or Health Food Store bulk bins and then refrigerate the rest. (That saves us money too!)
You're going to love the smell of these babies and they taste just as good! They make a great snack and you can even throw them into a trail mix instead of food-coloring-coated-candies to help sweeten things up!
Watch out though! These are highly addictive! My little Audrey ate 15 (I was rationing) and was she was still begging for more!
Gluten Free Honey Roasted Almonds
Adapted by jalene from multiple recipes online
- 2 cups raw whole almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used evaporated cane juice sugar)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the sugar and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse the almonds and spread out on a cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes (stirring every few minutes and watch careful not to burn them.) Set aside.
- In a saucepan melt the honey, oil, and water together until it boils. Add the almonds and stir continuously for about 5 minutes.
- You can either sprinkle the salt and sugar mixture on top of the almonds or you can stir the almonds into the mixture. Spread the almonds so they are not touching out on wax paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.