Can I just tell you how excited I am about these next cookies! My husband LOVES them!! I also let some of my in-laws taste these cookies and they said they taste almost like an almond joy!
Now don't look at the word "healthy" up there and dismiss this recipe. These cookies are soooooo good. They have so many health benefits: natural sources of protein, magnesium, omega 3's, iron, potassium, manganese, selenium and fiber to name a few. The almonds and coconut oil contain healthy monounsaturated fat which has been linked with the reduction of heart disease and is considered to be great for your overall health. I can't even list all the amazing benefits of coconut oil. Here read THIS. And the fact that it all is engulfed in chocolate?! It doesn't get any better than this folks. Our favorite way to eat them...to dip them in some organic peanut butter. YUM!!!
(PS- We sell 2 great Coconut oils! They are both organic, unrefined, and unfiltered. You can get them from our online store or in my husband's clinic.)
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free)
Created by jalene
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (I used organic)
- 1/2 cup raw gluten-free quick oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal (you can buy or grind up your own almonds in a blender)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 & 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Lay out a 12 by 16 inch piece of wax paper on your table.
- In a medium size bowl combine the cocoa, oats, almond meal, coconut flakes, chia seed and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan on the lowest heat setting possible melt your coconut oil into liquid. (For true raw, don't allow your coconut oil to exceed 105 degrees.) Take pan off heat and add the honey and vanilla.
- Finally stir in the oats mixture until well combined.
- Plop (or scoop with a cookie scoop) 1 inch balls (or smaller) onto your wax paper.
I store mine in the fridge in an airtight container. I'm not sure how long they'll last in the fridge cuz they didn't last!
Makes 1 dozen 1-inch cookies