I've made these a couple of times and absolutely LOVED them. I even gave them to my extended family and they loved them! The kicker...I didn't tell them what was in them. THEY HAD TO GUESS! No one was even close! Of course they got "peanut butter" and "chocolate chips" but that was about it. When I told them, they were floored! And confused. So what in the world are these cookies made of???? GARBANZO BEANS. What?! Isn't that the stuff you make hummus out of? Yep. Trust me on this folks. Try this recipe. You will be pleasantly surprised!
(Grain Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free)
Created by texanerin.com
- 1 & 1/4 cup cooked garbanzo beans (or chickpeas), well-rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder (see note)
- pinch of sea salt (if peanut butter is unsalted)
- 1/2 cup gluten free, dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Combine all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Be sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
- With wet hands or a cookie scoop form into 1 & 1/2 inch balls. Place onto a parchment covered cookie sheet. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Makes about 14 cookie dough balls.
Notes from jalene:
This recipe is best cooked shortly after making. I tried refrigerating the dough and it did not work out!