So, then I tried buying the skinnier cuts of pork chops thinking that that would be the solution. I tried frying them, baking them and now- one of my favorite new recipes! And yes, the slow cooker has once again saved the day!
This recipe is based on some amazing pork chops a friend baked for me once. And though I don't have that recipe, this one incorporates the same tenderness & taste. You're going to love it. My absolute favorite part is the gravy! I'm pretty proud of it. I invented it from scratch. Seriously my husband is usually the go-to sauce man. He can make gravy to cry over. My gravy usually makes people cry but for a different reason. ;) I'm just teasing. But I am getting better for sure. But this gravy- it got me the "restaurant worthy" approval from my husband. I'm so proud. :)
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think!
Gluten Free Tender Crockpot Pork Chops and Gravy
Created by jalene
Makes 2-3 servings
- 2 (1 & 1/4 inch) pork chops
- 1 & 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sorghum flour, 2 tsp cornstarch, 2 tsp white rice flour
- In your crockpot, whisk together the gravy mixture: chicken stock, mayo, salt, pepper, and flours.
- Set the crockpot to "low" and place the pork chops into the gravy mixture. *see note
- Cook for 5-6 hours or until the pork chops are tender.
This dish goes great served over rice or with mashed potatoes. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
*Note: Just a heads up- the gravy will be pretty white in color when you first combine it but it will brown slightly as it simmers in the crockpot.