For some reason they never appealed to me. They were just these giant balls of meat that never tasted good enough to try again. And anytime I think of meatballs I can't help but think of this scene from the Wedding Singer:
The Quinoa and Veggies make them super healthy and help your little meat lovers get some other nutrients in other than meat. Audrey would eat a dozen of these if I let her! Hope you enjoy them too!
Adapted by jalene from Wholefoods.com
Makes 17 meatballs
- 1/2 lb hamburger meat (I used 80/20)
- 1/4 + 2 Tbsp cooked Quinoa
- 1/8 cup grated carrot
- 1/8 cup grated zucchini
- 1 Tbsp gluten free ketchup
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes (or 1/8 cup finely diced onion)
- 1/2 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment or some heat-proof liner.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Using a cookie scooper, place the mounds onto your prepared cookie sheet spacing at least 2 inches apart.
Store leftovers tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.