One recipe in particular caught my eye this past month...Pumpkin Waffles! Oh ya...seriously, I love pumpkin anything so I decided to give this cookbook's version a whirl. I couldn't even believe the end result. YUCK! Chewy & soggy and trying too hard to be like a gluten version. What in the world!! If someone can sell a junk recipe like that, I surely can do better...for free!
So after only a couple of attempts I have a delicious recipe for you that I'm proud of. It's crispy & divine and tastes heavenly with some butter (or Earth Balance) and maple syrup. Yum! Hope you love it as much as our family does!
PS- be sure to check out my new category: Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes!
Created by jalene but inspired by my Husband's Favorite Waffles Recipe
Yields 3-4 Belgium Style Waffles
- 1 & 1/2 cups sweet white rice flour (I grind my own from Calrose rice)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (I used evaporated cane juice sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (cow's, almond, rice, soy)
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp gluten free vanilla
- (optional) 1/3 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender (I use my Blendtec). Blend until combined. Stir in nuts, if using.
- Pour enough batter to cover 3/4 of the bottom griddle. Cook until toasty brown.