This pie can be prepared the DAY BEFORE so it wont occupy your oven. Simply cover, and refrigerate it for a fresh taste on Thanksgiving Day!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
Adapted by jalene
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar or evaporated cane juice sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla
- 1 can (15 oz) can pureed pumpkin
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Roll out your GF crust or have your prepared GF crust ready.
- Combine the sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a mixer, beat the eggs. Add in the sugar mixture, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- On low speed, pour in your coconut milk. Scrap sides as necessary.
- Pour the filling into your unbaked crust. Bake for at least 60-75 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick into the middle. You can also slightly shake the pan. If it is still pretty wobbly, it needs more time!
Want a GREAT dairy-free whip cream?
Try my recipe for coconut cream whip cream! It tastes AMAZING on this pie!
Need a Grain-Free crust?
- 1 & 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In small bowl whisk together the oil, honey, and vanilla. Stir wet into dry ingredients until combined.
- Press into a 9" or deep dish pie pan.
- Bake this crust until barely set. (You're not baking it the entire way!) You must cool completely before filling (otherwise it will burn). Then fill with your pumpkin filling and bake as directed for the pumpkin pie. Watch the crust, and cover with tin foil as needed so it will not burn.