The trick is simple: crockpot for tenderness, grill for flavor. The result is seriously AWESOME. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Fall-Off-the-Bone BBQ RibsMy husband and my dad grillin' it up!
Adapted by Jalene from an idea inspired from Sixsistersstuff.com
- Stubb's BBQ Sauce (or some other gluten free sauce)
- ribs (I used baby back)
- Cut your ribs to fit into your crockpot. (I found it works better to keep them in bigger pieces instead of smaller so they don't fall apart on the grill. You can always split them up later.)
- Turn your crockpot to low and place some bbq sauce in the bottom. Add a layer of ribs and coat generously with sauce. Repeat until all your meat fits. Save some of your sauce for when you cook them on the grill.
- Cover and cook the ribs in the crockpot for 5-6 hours or until the ribs are tender but the meat is still attached to the bone. (If you under cook the meat-it will be tough, if you overcook the meat- it will fall off the bone when you try to grill it.) Also, be sure to make sure your meat maintains enough moisture. Add water to your crockpot if necessary.
- Fire up your grill and remove your meat carefully from the crockpot. Top with more bbq sauce and grill until brown on each side. The result: Fall-off-the-bone charcoaled goodness. ;)