Man, I feel like there's so much more I need to get done before I deliver...like picking a name for example. I'm drawing blanks people! Audrey hasn't been any help either. ;) Her suggestions have been "toothbrush" or "makeup" (of course with her giggles following...). Audrey's name just came to us as soon as we found out she was a girl but for some reason I can't decide on this one! Any suggestions!?!
This next recipe is really fun. It's a healthy way to have a corndog because it's baked and not fried. Kids (and adults) LOVE them! In fact, the first time I made them my nephew and husband practically were besides themselves that there was only a couple per person. I should have double batched it! So word to the wise, if you have a big family, you may want to double or even triple the batch!
PS- The base of this great recipe is my Cornbread Muffin Recipe- just slightly altered to be more salty than sweet.
Gluten Free Corndog Muffins
Created by jalene
- 1/3 cup almond milk or other alternative
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (I used organic)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (I used non-GMO)
- 1/4 cup corn flour (I used non-GMO)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used organic)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 Nitrate-Free hotdogs, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into the milk and set aside. (Do not mix.)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and slightly oil the bottom of 10 muffin tins.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients to your mixing bowl: cornmeal, corn flour, brown rice flour, salt, xanthan, and baking powder.
- Add the honey, applesauce, and coconut oil. Mix until combined then pour in the milk & apple cider mixture slowly. Then stir in the sliced hotdogs. After just combined, quickly spoon 1/4 cup into each prepared muffin tin. (No need to smooth the tops, it will smooth out itself.) Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until they start to golden brown. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack or serve right away. Keep leftovers in an airtight container. Stays fresh for about 2-3 days in the fridge.