I'm just going to warn you... you just might think these are the best cornbread muffins you've ever tasted... cuz we sure did! I LOVE the fact they are made with SUPER HEALTHY ingredients too! No gluten, no starch flours, no dairy, no eggs even! But you wont even notice they're not there! You might call me a magician after today... who knows. ;)
Amazing Gluten Free Cornbread Muffins
Created by jalene
Makes 8 muffins
- 1/3 cup almond milk or other alternative
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (we suggest using organic)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce (we suggest using organic)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into the milk and set aside. (Do not mix.)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and slightly oil the bottom of 8 muffin tins.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients to your mixing bowl: cornmeal, corn flour, brown rice flour, salt, xanthan, and baking powder.
- Add the honey, applesauce, and coconut oil. Mix until combined then pour in the milk & apple cider mixture slowly. After just combined, quickly spoon 1/4 cup into each prepared muffin tin. (No need to smooth the tops, it will smooth out itself.) Bake for about 15 minutes or until the top slightly springs back when touched. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack or serve right away. Keep leftovers in an airtight container. Stays fresh for about 2 days. Can be frozen and then reheated.