Gluten Free Coconut Crusted Chicken
Yields 4-6 servings
- grapeseed oil or other high temp cooking oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- about 1/4 cup coconut flour*
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp coconut, almond or rice milk
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the egg and milk together in a bowl and set aside. Place the coconut flakes in another bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Cut the chicken into strips about 1 inch wide. Salt and pepper according to taste. (They're even yummy without salt and pepper too!)
- Roll the raw chicken into the coconut flour. Then dip into the egg and milk mixture, coating completely. Finally, roll the chicken in the coconut flakes. (I like to prep all of my chicken before cooking. See picture above.)
- Fry the chicken in your prepared pan until golden brown on each side.
*You may need more or less depending on your rolling. Why coconut flour you may ask? It's super high in fiber and a great source of iron. AND by using it, it makes this dish Grain Free!