Mmmmmm! Love it. Food makes me happy. :)
Adapted by jalene from a Betty Crocker recipe
Yields about 4 servings
- 3 Tbsp Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp sugar (I used evaporated cane juice sugar)
- 1/16th tsp crushed red pepper flakes (use 1/8th tsp for more of a kick)
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup gluten free chicken broth, divided
- 2 & 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp oil (high-temp cooking oil like grapeseed or sesame oil)
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup roasted & salted cashews
- In a large bowl combine the soy sauce, ginger, sugar, red pepper flakes and chicken. Allow the chicken to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine a 1/4 cup of the chicken broth with all of the cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the skillet. Save the marinade and combine it with the chicken broth and cornstarch mixture. Set aside. Cook the chicken for about 3 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
- Then add the broccoli and remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth into the skillet. Cover and steam for 1 minute. Uncover and stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in cashews and serve hot over rice.
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Consume within 3 days.
The products I use:
San-J makes a great gluten free soy sauce that I LOVE. I've found the 10 oz bottles at some Smith's & Fred Meyer locations, as well as at local health food stores.
We go through it a lot so we buy in bulk to help save money. The 64 oz jug is only around $30 bucks on Amazon.
For 1 (10 oz) bottle
For 1 (64 oz) jug